Wednesday, January 3, 2018

Why I'm Running

I am running for school board because I wish to invest in the families and the future of our local schoolchildren by representing constituents in the West Bend School District that desire the very best educational opportunities in their community.

Education is a passion of mine. My husband and I homeschooled our children during part of their education and were very involved while they attended the West Bend Public Schools. 

On a personal note, I am also a lifelong learner, finishing my nursing degree just 3 years ago.

I have been attending school board meetings regularly and have twice been on the Human Growth and Development Committee. I currently sit on the CFAC committee for the school district.

I believe schools are about teaching. Teaching should be given the highest regard in a commitment to excellence. It is my hope to make in impact in curriculum selection in a way that takes the values of the community into consideration. 

It is important to understand that education is selective and not comprehensive; there is not time enough to teach everything that could be taught. Recent policy changes have made the Board more relevant in decisions about curriculum. I would love to dive into this issue and make positive changes for the families and kids we serve.

My values are conservative and I believe they reflect the values of the community. 

No comments:

Post a Comment